UNODC FINANCE CLERK (FOR INDONESIAN NATIONALITY ONLY)
Summary of key functions:
- Ensure implementation of operational strategies and procedures
- Provide accounting and administrative support
- Support knowledge building and sharing
1. Ensure implementation of operational strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of financial processes and financial records with UN rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to elaboration of work plans
2. Provide accounting and administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assistance in proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for projects; payment execution.
- Processing of financial documentation (vouchers, supporting documents, telephone invoices, principally records of budgets and expenditures, etc.) and maintaining internal expenditures control system by ensuring that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in the prevailing system; travel claims, and other entitlements are duly processed.
- Assistance in financial monitoring and reporting of project activities including consultancies, sub-contracts, travel, workshops and meetings. Generates monthly expenditure report statement in respect of project expenditures and ensures timely and accurate submission of financial reports to UNODC.
- Provision of information for reports on financial status, procedures, exchange rates, costs and expenditures and potential funding problems.
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports in accordance with SOP.
- Preparation of inputs to the process of preparing project budget revisions, as appropriate, and on a timely basis in order to ensure smooth flow of allotments from UNODC HQ.
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources.
- Maintenance of the proper filing system for financial records and documents in line with the filing system used by UNODC/UNDP
- Provision of other assistances as assigned by Project Manager and the RC Representative, or his designee
3. Support knowledge building and sharing in the project , focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on Finance.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- 3 years diploma, Specialized training in finance desirable.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant accounting and financial experience at national level is required. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Application Deadline: 10-Feb-11