Short Term Consultant – Indonesia Regional Investment Generation Project
International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, fosters sustainable economic growth in developing countries by financing private sector investment, mobilizing private capital in local and international financial markets, and providing advisory services to businesses and governments. IFC’s vision is to assist poor people to escape poverty and improve their lives through the development of the private sector.
IFC in Indonesia aims to: reduce the impact of climate change, improve rural incomes, and promote sustainable urbanization. To achieve these objectives, IFC in Indonesia combines investment and advisory services to expand access to finance, extend the reach of infrastructure, strengthen commodity-based supply chains, and improve the business environment.
Currently IFC Office in Jakarta is looking for: Short Term Consultant – Indonesia Regional Investment Generation Project
The consultant will support the project aims to improve the capacity of Indonesia’s regional governments to retain, attract, assist and advocate for new investment via:
- Delivery of training and coaching of partner regional governments on effective methods of investor facilitation, aftercare, and investment promotion;
- The development of operational standards and guidelines; and a local consulting capacity that can be utilized by other all regional governments.
- Work with the project manager to develop investment promotion training curriculum and guidelines; and deliver training to government clients in Jakarta, Central Java and Yogyakarta;
- Provide selected technical inputs on effective investment promotion methods;
- Assist with the day-to-day management of the project under the direction of IFC staff team members;
- Maintain close contact with the clients and other stakeholders;
- Oversee logistical requirements of the project including workshop/meeting scheduling and organization, translation, presentations, etc.;
- Maintain project files and provide input into IFC management reports on the project;
- Assist with the collection and monitoring of data need for compliance with the project’s monitoring and evaluation framework;
- Provide weekly progress reports on activities to the project leader and Jakarta-based team members; and participate in project management meetings as needed at IFC Office in Jakarta.
- Master’s or equivalent degree in marketing, business, economics, public policy, or a related field, or a Bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience either in the private sector and/or in developing and managing technical assistance, advisory services, business projects or consultancy programs;
- Experience in the development and delivery of training programs and training materials for use by governments;
- Experience in sales and marketing and/or investment promotion preferred;
- Experience in a multilateral or international development organization preferred;
- Good understanding of national and provincial government structures and policies;
- Ability to foster strong relationships with both government and private sector clients;
- Flexible, responsive, and client-oriented; ability to work in teams and in cross-cultural environments;
- Ability to plan and organize training workshops, meetings and other knowledge sharing events;
- Excellent in writing reports and making presentations in both Bahasa Indonesia and English;
- Ability to operate under pressure and tight deadlines with accuracy and professionalism.
Please submit your expression of interest and qualifications by July 15, 2009 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.