THE ASEAN SECRETARIAT IN JAKARTA
FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS
THE JAPAN-ASEAN INTEGRATION FUND (JAIF) PROGRAMME
ASEAN and Japan enjoy long years of solid and beneficial relations as “partners thinking together, acting together, and sharing a future vision” and this strategic partnership will be enduring. Japan has been a major development partner and contributor for more than three decades to the political, economic and social development of ASEAN.
The Japan-ASEAN Integration Fund (JAIF) was officially established in March 2006, based on the pledge from then Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi at the Ninth ASEAN-Japan Summit held in December 2005 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to assist the integration of ASEAN through the ASEAN-Japan cooperation funds. In particular, the JAIF has been established to support ASEAN’s integration efforts to create the ASEAN Community, by facilitating effective implementation of the Vientiane Action Programme (VAP); and the implementation of the three blueprints of the ASEAN Community and the IAI Work Plan 2 (2009-2015), including narrowing development gaps among ASEAN Member States; and promote greater cooperation between ASEAN and Japan.
ASEAN and the Government of Japan had agreed to set up JAIF Management
Team (JMT) at the ASEAN Secretariat in order to enhance effective utilisation of
JAIF in support of ASEAN community building and integration efforts.
The objectives of JMT are to jointly formulate and implement JAIF funded programmes/projects together with ASEAN. JMT will be responsible for
planning, design, management, implementation and programming of JAIF funded programmes/projects. The JMT will report to the JAIF Management Committee (JMC) comprising ASEAN Member States, the Government of Japan and the ASEAN Secretariat.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The PROGRAMME COORDINATOR shall be assistant director-level positions to provide general management and coordination support to the Programme Director to ensure efficient and effective design and implementation of JAIF. The incumbent will:
- Undertake technical analysis and policy advice in identification, design, formulation, mobilisation and implementation of JAIF programmes/projects and activities;
- Responsible for programme/project monitoring and reporting requirements and in implementing quality assurance processes, including visits to relevant facilities and attending relevant meetings as and when necessary;
- Maintain a consolidated database of the overall progress of the JAIF programmes/projects implementation and the achievement of results, including records and progress of all programme/project activities and initiatives;
- Facilitate effective liaison and coordination with ASEAN Secretariat.
- ASEAN Member States/Sectoral Bodies, Government of Japan, and other stakeholders/partners;
- Prepare the status of each JAIF programme/project including its account balance in cooperation with the ASEAN Secretariat, as well as the semi-annual reports; and submit the reports to the JAIF Management Committee;
- Manage the contract performance and mobilise inputs required from Consultants/ Specialists/Experts to support the overall JAIF design, formulation or implementation work.
- Graduate/Postgraduate degree, preferably in economic cooperation or development assistance or relevant policy area;
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in development cooperation or relevant field;
- Proven ability in programme/project formulation and management as well as financial and administrative management;
- Solid understanding of international and regional issues, knowledge of ASEAN programmes and activities.Knowledge of ASEAN-Japan strategic relations is an advantage;
- High-level interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international settings;
- Proven ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with government representatives, public and private sector organisations and other stakeholders;
- Proven high-level analytical skills including use of Microsoft Office applications, and ability to provide clear and concise reports;
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
Remuneration & Benefit:
The successful candidates will initially be contracted for two (2) years, subject to initial three (6) months probation period. An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with experience and qualification of the candidate. Renewal of contract on annual basis will be negotiated subject to the agreement among the three parties (Appointee, ASEAN Secretariat and Government of Japan).
How to apply:
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, including a recent passport-sized photograph and certified true copies of educational certificates obtained, and completed Employment Application Form, which can be downloaded at www.asean.org/opportunities.
Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for Programme Coordinator, The Japan-ASEAN Integration Fund Programme.
Application papers should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 10 September 2010.
The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only short-listed candidates will be notified.