The Genting Group is widely recognized around the Globe as one of Asia premier, financially sound and well managed groups of diversified businesses. Lestari Listrik Pte. Ltd, a multinational company engages in power plant business and a subsidiary of Genting Group, is keen to develop a power plant (Independent Power Producer) in Banten Province, Indonesia. In view of our significant and growing business operations in Indonesia, we seek to hire a qualified candidate to fill the following position to be based in Jakarta, with responsibilities and requirement as follows:
- To oversee a range of legal matters such as new business development, employee relations, contracts. Joint Venture Agreement, Power Purchase Agreement, EPC Contract, O&M Contract, Coal Supply Agreement, M&A, general corporate and compliance activities in the region;
- Legal drafting and reviewing, consist of legal opinion, mitigate of risk of contract/agreement of partnership, joint venture, subcontract and any legal documents which had any relation with the company;
- Dealing with legal issues that exist in the Corporate Law, particularly those related to legal issues and to provide legal opinion to Management on any legal aspect of Company business;
- To manage legal dispute and settlement involving Company business in the Indonesian courts or foreign dispute settlement forums.
- Law degree from a recognized Indonesian university and having master degree from overseas university is preferable;
- Able to professionally and with confidence negotiate, draft, review and conclude contracts in a practical and efficient manner;
- At least six (6) years of experience in practice or in-house as a corporate or transactional attorney in the power plant business and having coal business experience 1 preferable;
- In depth knowledge of Indonesian civil, commercial and mining law and regulation and general familiarity with L/C payment arrangement, import/export and land use laws.
The candidate is expected to have:
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with culturally diverse people;
- Ability to travel to within Indonesia and occasionally to other cities in Southeast Asia (about 10% of time);
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to respond to operational needs on a timely basis, including outside of normal working hours when necessary;
- Positive attitude towards and proven experience in working with and coordinating teams of diverse professionals.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, together with full resume / curriculum-vitae, details of current and expected remuneration and a latest photograph to the following address not later than 27th January 2012, please indicate the Position you apply on the Subject of your email or Application letter.
LESTARI LISTRIK PTE. LTD.
Bapindo Plaza, Citibank Tower 16th Floor
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 54 – 55
Only Sort listed candidates will be notified