National Professional Officer (Malaria and VBDC)
Vacancy Notice No: WR/INO/11/02
Title: National Professional Officer (Malaria and VBDC)
Contract type: Temporary
Duration of contract: Up to 31 December 2011
Date: 11 March 2011
Deadline for application: 31 March 2011
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Organization unit: WHO Country Office – Indonesia, Jakarta, Malaria and VBDC
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME:
- To assist Malaria and Vector Borne Disease Control Unit for planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of health prevention against vector borne and neglected tropical diseases that include capacity building and strengthening national communicable disease prevention programme.
- To assist in ensuring the smooth running of GSM in work plan implementation and monitoring reports are updated on time.
- To assist in documenting relevant publications /reports and collecting health data needed for programme strengthening and assessment.
Description of duties:
To assist technical officer, malaria and vector borne disease control programme of WCO in the development and implementation of WHO collaborative programme related to vector borne and neglected tropical diseases. This includes;
- To assist in development of detail work plan, initiating the necessary action for the
- implementation of the various programme components
- To assist in collecting, updating disease surveillance data, situation analysis, preparation of project documents, facilitation and coordination of WHO and partners inputs into the programme
- To assist in national programme implementation of the government including the planning and implementing training activities and capacity building.
- To assist for preparation of progress report for donor funded project
- To perform the related duties as required and agreed
Submission of an assignment report is mandatory on completion of the assignment
Essential: Basic degree in Medicine, Master in Public Health or health related areas.
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
Building and promoting partnership across the organizations. Promoting WHO position in health leadership. Proficiency in monitoring evaluation methodology. Proficiency in the use of daily office computer software especially spreadsheet and presentation
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
At least five years relevant experiences in the field of vector borne and neglected tropical diseases control, programme monitoring and evaluation, data analysis, training, field work, and epidemiological surveillance system.
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office software, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation
Please submit application in the attached ‘Personal History Form’ in English and send necessary certificates of qualifications and experience to the WHO Representative to Indonesia, WHO Country Office – Indonesia, Bina Mulia 1 Building, 9th Floor, Jl. HR Rasuna Said, Jakarta 12950.
At the top left of the application, please mention;
Application for the post of National Professional Officer (Malaria and VBDC)
Vacancy Notice No WR/INO/11/02
This is National Professional Officer position. Therefore, we only accept applications from nationals of Indonesia. Please REFRAIN from applying if you are not a national of Indonesia.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted to sit a written test or presentation prior to interview. WHO does not cover any expenses related to participation in tests and/or interviews.
(Net of tax) In accordance with WHO salary scale for NPO at NO-B level WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or other tobacco users.