The National Technical Advisor (Cold Chain) shall operate under the overall guidance and responsibility of the FAO Chief Veterinary Officer. the general technical supervision of the Emergency Centre for Tran boundary Animal Diseases (ECTAD) Regional Manager based in the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (RAP), and the operational supervision of the Chief. TCES The incumbent will be under the functional and administrative guidance of the FAO Representative, overall supervision of the Team Leader of the FAO ECTAD Country Programme in Indonesia and the direct supervision of the International Market Restructuring Expert.
An assessment has already been done of the cold chain situation in 1) selected Jakarta poultry relocation centers (RPUs), 2) Jakarta traditional markets that carry poultry products and 3) transport between the RPUs and the traditional markets. Some pilot activities have already been undertaken to identify the willingness of stakeholders to accept adapted solutions.
- Validate the findings and develop an appropriate cold chain system in close consultation with all stakeholders, to be approved and finalized in a workshop organized by the incumbent,
- Investigate primary buy-in solutions from the private sector, stimulated via more pilot activities sponsored by national and international donors,
- Perform any other duties within the objectives of the ECTAD Indonesia programme as requested.
- Duty Station. Jakarta, with possible in-country travel. Duration: 2 months.
The consultant will organize a Workshop 1 month after accepting the assignment and present a -Cold Chain Solution Report” 2 weeks after the Workshop. A final consultancy report in English on project activities under his/her responsibility will be presented at the end of his/her assignment. The reports will contain a complete review of activities undertaken. A section on recommendations and lessons learned, presenting guiding principles for future interventions, will be included. The final consultancy report should be submitted to ECTAD no later than two weeks after completion of the assignment in hard and electronic copies.
- A degree in Management, Animal Health. Food Hygiene or similar.
- At least 6 years of experience in (food) cold chain services.
- Good knowledge of the Indonesian poultry industry
- Ability to work independently
- Good analytical skills
- Solid networking skills, good facilitation skills and excellent communication skills both oral and written are all essential
- Good writing skills
Operations Support Unit
Office of the FAO Representative in Indonesia 11th Floor
Menara Thamrin Building Jl. M. H. Thamrin Kav 3 Jakarta 10250
Email address: FAO-ID@fao.org and www.undp.or.id/jobs