Premier Oil plc is a leading independent FTSE 250 international oil and gas exploration and production company, with operations in the North Sea (offices in Aberdeen and Stavanger), Middle East/Pakistan (offices in Islamabad) and Asia (offices in Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Jakarta).
Our strategy is to deliver growth from existing producing assets, ongoing developments, high potential exploration opportunities and acquisitions, while maintaining a healthy balance sheet.
Our core values of creativity, dynamism, professionalism, respect and tenacity have helped build and sustain a successful business, and we continue to be committed to investing in our people, and the countries and communities in which we operate. We pride ourselves on a diverse, high-achieving workforce, which is currently expanding rapidly to reflect Premier’s growing operational presence. We offer superior pay for superior performance, and an attractive range of benefits in each country of operation.
Reporting directly to the POI IS Technical Supervisor, the role is responsible for maintaining POI network, server, telephone & work together with IS Helpdesk to support desktops/laptops/printers to enable the business to function effectively
The role will work as part of the POI team adding IT expertise to further the business aims, with a specific focus on supporting offshore and remote site systems and links back into the Jakarta office. This will involve providing technical solutions and sharing successes.
The role will be responsible for coordinating computer & telephone systems set-up and support during the mobilisation & demobilisation phases of drilling operations and for providing the same support to the Matak logistics base and to the Anoa & Gajah Baru platforms. Hence regular offshore trips may be required.
Where necessary the role will also identify the best third party IT support available to assist, with the agreement of the business.
- Remote Location Support: Hardware support – Installation and building desktops/laptops/printers and network/server system. Maintaining IT equipment in good order and replacing it as practicable.
- Remote Location Support: Network support (LAN & WAN) – Maintain internal and external switches, routers, firewall, modems for both data and telecoms.
- Remote Location Support: Maintain and troubleshoot remote access platforms such as Graph On.
- Jakarta Office Support: Helpdesk – Ability to assist with user calls in a polite and timely manner and to prioritise the most business critical.
- Jakarta Office Support: Network support (LAN & WAN) – Maintain and monitoring internal and external switches, routers, firewall, modems for both data and telecoms.
- Jakarta Office Support: Back-office systems – Maintain Active directory (user accounts), user permissions and most importantly email system (access & volumes).
- General: Backup system – make sure backup system works properly and data can be restored when needed.
- General: DRC – maintain and monitoring DRC system for installed equipment such as server, backup system, liaised with Senior Comms Coordinator for VSAT integration on DRC site.
- General: Communication – Regular reporting, as required, to the POI IS Technical Supervisor. Frequency to be agreed, but the role needs to communicate problems and actions clearly to POVO IS Technical Supervisor and liaise well with global IS team.
- General: Compliance – Adherence to relevant corporate IT policies, awareness and implementation of any government requirements. Assist with development of local policies as necessary.
- 5 years systems support, ideally in the Oil & Gas industry with experience of maintaining remote systems.
- Specific knowledge of Cisco phone systems switches and firewalls. Graph On & other thin client utilities.
- Excellent written & spoken English skills essential.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified via phone/ email
Closing Date: 4-Jan-12
For information & to apply for other openings please visit: www.jobstreet.com/id/premieroil.htm CV / Resume in English not more than 100KB.