Tropenbos International (TBI) is an internationally operating NGO funded by the Dutch Government and international organizations. Its mission is to improve governance and management of tropical forests for people, conservation and sustainable development. TBI achieves its mission by Implement-ring demand-driven research and capacity building programmes in support of improved forest policy and forest management in partnership with national and international research institutes and development organizations.
TBI is currently active in Colombia, Vietnam, Ghana, Indonesia, Suriname and DR Congo.
In Indonesia, the programme is implemented in partnership with the Forest Research and Development Agency of the Ministry of Forestry.
Tropenbos International (TBI) invites qualified candidates for the position of
Programme director (m/f)
Principal tasks and responsibilities:
- Development, coordination and administration of the TBI Indonesia programme.
- Dissemination and impact creation
- Providing support to TBI’s core programme
The complete job description can be found on our website;
- Preferably of Indonesian nationality or permanent resident of Indonesia.
- Expertise (> 5 years) in and affinity with complex sustainable development issues related to land use, forest landscape management, and/or forest-dependent livelihoods.
- Expertise in/affinity with development-relevant research supported by an academic degree (preferably PhD) in a discipline relevant to tropical forest issues.
- Expertise in programme management.
Bogor (West Java), with regular travel to the sub-office in Balikpapan (East Kalimantan).
- Your application in the English language consisting of a motivation letter, CV and two references must arrive before the 10th of November 2013 by e-mail at email@example.com
- Further information firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our office in Balikpapan +62 542820503 attn Evan Palungkun (Office Manager).
- A selection assessment may be part of the procedure.