USAID Notice No: 197-2008 DATED DECEMBER 15, 2008
DDG PROJECT MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT, FSN-8 (Trainee Level) or FSN-9 (Full
OPEN TO: U.S. Embassy employees only
POSITION: Project Management Assistant
OPENING DATE: December 15, 2008
CLOSING DATE: December 30, 2008
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hrs/week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-8 (Trainee Level) or FSN-9 (Full Performance Level). Salary starts from Rp.8,218,491 per month depending on qualifications, experience and salary history
The U.S. Agency for International Development/Democratic and Decentralized Governance (DDG) Office is seeking an individual for the position of Project Management Assistant, located at Jl. Medan Merdeka Selatan 3-5, Jakarta, Indonesia. BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION: The Project Management Assistant will formulate, manage, oversee and track the procurement as well as financial and technical data for the Democracy and Decentralized Governance (DDG) Office. S/he will support the DDG Director and Cognizant Technical Officers (CTOs) within the DDG Office of USAID/Indonesia to coordinate and implement all DDG activities including the DDG’s Bi-lateral Strategic Objective Agreement (SOAg) with the Government of Indonesia (GOI).
The Project Management Assistant will establish and manage both financial and technical (PMP) monitoring systems to forecast and plan annual budgets, reporting, data quality assessments and annual procurement planning. S/he will develop and maintain results data- bases, helping to compile DDG indicators, targets, results and related reporting. As a part of this, s/he will analyze, compile and update on a quarterly basis DDG indicator data. S/he prepares and maintains personnel management systems for DDG implementing partners. S/he manages database for the implementing partners related to US mission facilities, work assignment dates, visa and multiple exit re-entry permit (MERP) dates, duty free facilities, and vehicle procurement.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1) University degree is required in relevant field (social science, accounting, finance, management, public administration, budget, international development). In the absence of a university degree, an additional three years of experience is required.
2) Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive responsibilities in a similar capacity, including 2 years of International Donor experience is required.
3) Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/reading/written in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
4) Have a good understanding of International Donor program and project management procedures and guidelines, particularly managing for results and monitoring and evaluation. A sound knowledge of the concepts, principles, techniques and practices of development assistance, local governance, decentralization, and/or good governance is required. A sound knowledge of host-country economic, social, cultural and political characteristics is also required.
5) S/he must have excellent organizational skills; work independently; have ability to establish and maintain contacts with counterparts in relevant host-government and private sector organizations are required. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and Power Point software is required. Ability to work under pressure and with a variety of people and organizations, demonstrates good judgment and tact.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
USAID Human Resources Office
Attention: EXO/Human Resources Office
c/o American Embassy, Jl. Medan Merdeka Selatan 3-5, Jakarta Pusat
DO NOT ATTACH PHOTO
CLOSING DATE FOR THE POSITION: December 30, 2008
For more vacancies, please visit http://indonesia.usaid.gov/en/Jobs.aspx Employment Opportunities (USAID) Indonesian Citizens
IN ADDITION TO THE ELIGIBILITY AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR EACH POSITION IN THIS SECTION, THE FOLLOWING ARE ALSO SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Management will consider nepotism/ conflict of interest, budget and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
Interested applicants must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for U.S. Federal Employment, OF-612; or
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as an OF-612; plus
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above).