The KfW Entwicklungsbank (KfW Development Bank) is part of state-owned KfW Bankengruppe (KfW Banking Group), the promotional bank of the Federal Republic of Germany. It works on behalf of the German Government, helping to achieve the goals set for German Development Cooperation: to reduce poverty, protect the climate, ensure peace and make globalization fair. In financing, advising and guiding development projects throughout the world our efforts focus on the needs of the partner countries. In 2010, global commitments of KfW Entwicklungsbank amounted to EUR 4.5 billion. In Indonesia KfW Entwicklungsbank is active in the areas of Renewable Energy, Urban Infrastructure and Private Sector Development with a quickly expanding portfolio of currently EUR 600 million.
As Project Officer for Urban Infrastructure you will be based in KfW’s office in Jakarta.
Your primary task will be to monitor, facilitate and follow-up on the identification, preparation and implementation of activities financed by KfW in the area of Urban Infrastructure, especially Solid Waste Management. Close interaction with Ministries and institutions on central level as well as with programme cities will be an important part of your work.
Requirements and Skills
- University degree in a related field (e.g. economics, engineering) preferably from a leading Indonesian University; relevant study and working time abroad is an asset
- Working experience in the area of Urban Infrastructure and with relevant Government institutions (Ministry of Public Works, Ministry of Transport, BAPPENAS, Ministry of Finance)
- Proven experience and network in the area of Urban Infrastructure
- Very good command of the English language and Bahasa Indonesia. Command of the German language would be an asset
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to build and manage successful relationships and to establish a business network
- Team-player with strong interpersonal-skills and willingness to work in an international environment
- Self motivated and self starter
- Professional Experiences of at least 5 years in related fields
Contact / Application Process
Interested candidates should provide their English CV and cover letter including salary expectations by email to: email@example.com until 7th of October 2011.
To find out more about KfW Development Bank please visit our website