Join CIFOR and make a difference
Property Maintenance Officer (Ref: 11431]
The Center for International Forestry Research advances human well being, environmental conservation and equity by conducting research to inform policies and practices that affect forests in developing countries. We are one of 15 centres within the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, and we have offices in Asia, Africa and South America.
CIFOR is looking for a Property Maintenance Officer
The successful candidate will be responsible for all building maintenance to ensure optimal performance of buildings, mechanical and electrical systems and equipment. This maintenance includes interior and exterior building maintenance, lift maintenance, landscaping, security and fire alarm systems, pest control, cleaning and waste management, air conditioning and other related matters facilities. He or she will be the principal liaison for this work with outsourced contractors and will help supervise renovation projects on the campus.
Education, experience and technical skills•
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in M/E engineering, construction technology or a related field
- Five or more years of experience in managing properties and facilities in hotels, apartments or office buildings
Extensive knowledge and experience in property and infrastructure maintenance
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety practices as well as quality assurance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with working knowledge of English
Personal competencies and attributes
- Ability to develop, manage and evaluate systems, practices, processes and performance indicators for property maintenance
- Ability to identify root causes of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent re occurrence
- Proven ability and response to crisis management, and strong communication and leadership skills to enable coordinated work across all departments
- The application deadline is 30 September 2011.
- We will acknowledge all applications, but we will contact only short-listed candidates.
To learn more about CIFOR. the position and how to apply, please visit our website at http://www.cifor.cgiar.org
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.