Under the general supervision of the Technical Adviser for Environmental Sciences Programme of the UNESCO Office Jakarta, the incumbent shall:
1. Provide secretarial support to the Units as follows:
- Take dictation and draft routine correspondences and reports
- Prepare informal translations and act as interpreter (English/Bahasa Indonesia)
- Create and maintain mailing lists suitable for the designated programme areas
- Maintain chrono and electronic file for correspondences (letters, fax, email, telex), documents and reports
- Prepares briefing materials for the supervisor for use on official trips or special meetings
- Receives, screens, logs and routes correspondences and attaches necessary background information and maintain copy for follow-up system
- Assist in making appointments and receiving visitors
2. Provide administrative and logistical support to the Unit as follows:
- Assist in monitoring programme activities by administering different type of contracts (fee, activity financing, consultant, travel and education grants)
- Assist in updating and monitoring programme budgets and expenditures
- Assist in organizing official meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences including making travel arrangements for participants
- Make travel arrangements for supervisor and programme specialists of the Unit for official missions and assist in preparing resultant travel record/claims of the Programme Specialist
- Create and maintain simple computer programme, spreadsheet or database appropriate for the secretarial duties
3. Carry out other official duties as may be assigned by the Director of UNESCO Office Jakarta and the Technical Adviser for Environmental Sciences.
- Knowledge of the UN financial and administrative rules and practices will be an advantage.
- Fluency in spoken and written in English and Bahasa Indonesia as well as possess the ability to draft documents and express views in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work as a team member as well as work independently with minimum supervision, with efficiency, competence, integrity and in harmony with people of different national backgrounds
- Ability to identify prioritized activities and assignments as well as manage time to ensure work is completed to deadlines and targets
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze complex issues.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy and paying attention to details.
- A Bachelor Degree (or at least D3), preferably in social sciences or administration;
- At least 3 years relevant experience in administration with local and/or international organizations;
- Having strong computer skills with sound knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets and presentation and internet literate;
Send the application by email, quoting “Temporary Administrative Support/ECO” as subject, by 24 April 2009 to:
UNESCO Office, Jakarta
UNESCO will not respond to inquiries about application status and will only contact candidates under serious consideration.
*) This is indicative only. The final level will be determined at the time of recruitment according to the candidate’s qualifications.
Most recent Curriculum Vitae accompanied by an application letter should be sent to:
The Administration Officer
Jl. Galuh (II) No. 5
Fax: (62-21) 7279 6489
We shall only respond to short-listed candidate and with whom the organization has an interest.