Australian Education International
Policy Advisor (Education and Training) – Vacancy
A challenging career opportunity exists for an experienced professional to be appointed as Policy Advisor (Education and Training) in Australian Education International (AEI) based at the Australian Embassy, Jakarta. AEI supports Government-to-Government activities and promotes Australia’s education, science and training services in Indonesia. This position supports and provides policy and strategic advice to inform bilateral Government-to-Government activities and also involvement in the activities of the Australian Education Centres (AECs). AECs are the Australian Government’s official source of information on study in Australia and part of AEI.
The Policy Advisor (Education and Training) will report directly to the Counselor (Education, Science and Training).
Salary range from Rp. 6,640,397.00 to Rp. 7,778,164.00 depending on qualifications.
The main duties include:
- Assisting the Counselor in providing policy advice and strategic planning to the Australian Government, including strategies to promote Australian education and training in Indonesia.
- Assisting the Counselor in maintaining and improving Government to Government cooperation in education and training sectors.
- Managing bilateral projects and activities in education and training.
- Providing accurate analysis and updates of education and training issues in Indonesia, through regular analysis of developments within government and the broader education community.
- Developing and maintaining close liaison with Australian and Indonesian key education and training stakeholders at both government and industry level.
- Assisting Australian and Indonesian institutions in developing linkages in education and training.
- Reporting to National Office on AEI’s monthly key outcomes and achievements against the Business Plan.
- Well-developed oral and written and interpersonal communication skills, including highly effective liaison, coordination, team work and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated research, reporting and policy analysis skills, and strategic planning skills of a high order.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities under pressure, exercise initiative and take responsibility for achieving business objectives.
- Knowledge of the Australian and Indonesian Education and Training systems and policies.
- A high standard of spoken and written English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- A post graduate qualification in a social science or related field from an Australian university is preferred.
Applications addressing the selection criteria, including curriculum vitae, are being sought.
Applications should be directed to Gaby Kusniadi, Training and Recruitment Officer at the following email address: email@example.com with subject: AEI Policy Advisor (E&T) before noon, 1 May 2009. Applicants are advised that their application must write a statement against the selection criteria for this position. Applications that fail to do so will not be considered.