PT Petrosea Tbk has been designing, building and mining in all corners of Indonesia since 1972 and today is recognized as one of Indonesia s leading engineering, construction and mining contractors. Thanks to the imagination and commitment of more than 3000 staff, Petrosea has secured a growing portfolio of projects throughout Indonesia and the region.
Petrosea has access and support to world class management and project delivery systems which allows Petrosea to deliver international excellence to the Indonesian market.
We are currently taking applicants for the following position:
Provide commercial/contracts management expertise to Management and clients, including auditing documents for compliance and offer a legal perspective to all situations that may expose company to risk in order to enhance company’s effectiveness and efficiencies in term of minimizing such risk in commercial/contracts.
- Requires travel to Project Locations as required
- Vendor/suppliers/subcontractor meetings and visits
- Interface with commercial/legal service providers
- Audits investigations
- Risk and exposure due diligence
- Min. Bachelor Degree from Law
- Min. 8 years experiences in sub contract / commercial in mining area
- Must be diligent, reliable, and able to respond to difficult task whenever the need arises
- Supervise the commercial engineers in handling subcontractors, both for Plant hire and services
- Attends to resolution of disputes whenever they arise, including formation of finding facts, submit recommendation and plan of actions
- Review and analyze contracts at the Tender stage, giving input to the Bid Manager regarding the contract composition/legalities and any qualifications required in order to align conditions to Petrosea contracting guidelines
- Review and develop appropriate contractual strategies in order to maximize commercials effectiveness
- Drafting formal letters and attending negotiations of a contractual nature in order to provide logistical support to Project Managers in resolving contractual issues with the Client/vendors
- Organize and manage variations and claims to their scope of work and successfully negotiate these to settlement, including a running log of all contractual correspondence to settlement
- Monitor and control contract implementation to ensure that the Client and Petrosea follow the contractual requirements of the contract such that Petrosea is not exposed to unnecessary costs or penalties
- Evaluate and analyze all legal aspects of commercial documents/contracts and manage such to stay abreast of commercial change/risk
- Evaluate and conduct restructuring of internal documents to ensure all company s documents are in accordance with the Petrosea Contracting Principles and management of commercial contracts
- Maintains effective monitoring of the current accounts of all subcontractors, both for Plant Hire and services
- Maintains effective monitoring of the current issues encountered with of all subcontractors, both for Plant Hire and services
- Attend to related administrative function, in support to the Procurement Contract manager
To apply for this position, please send your application together with a detailed resume including recent color photograph, and quoting in email subject: Commercial Superintendent to firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word or PDF format with a file size not more than 350kb, not later than 18 February 2013.