Summary of key functions:
- Ensure implementation of operational strategies and procedures
- Provide accounting and administrative support
- Support to knowledge building and trust
1. Ensure implementation of operational strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of financial processes and financial records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to elaboration of workplans
2. Provide accounting and administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assistance in proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for NEX projects; payment execution.
- Processing of financial documentation (vouchers, supporting documents, telephone invoices, etc.) and maintaining internal expenditures control system by ensuring that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; travel claims, monthly payment orders (MPOs) and other entitlements are duly processed.
- Provision of information for reports on financial status, procedures, exchange rates, costs and expenditures (incl. MIP) and potential funding problems.
- Follow-up with other United Nations agencies for information relating to payments.
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports in accordance with ICCTF SOP.
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources.
- Maintenance of the proper filing system for financial records and documents.
3. Support knowledge building and sharing in the project, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on Finance.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the execution of the CO financial services. Accurate data entry and presentation of financial information and a client-oriented approach enhances UNDP’s capability to effectively and efficiently manage financial resources and keep records.
- Minimum Diploma degree with specialized training in finance desirable
- For Diploma 1: Minimum 3 years of relevant accounting and financial experience at national level is required. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- For Diploma 2: Minimum 2 years of relevant accounting and financial experience at national level is required. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Language Requirements: Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Application Deadline: 08-Aug-10