National Project Coordinator (National)
Location: PCISU, BAPPENAS, Jakarta, INDONESIA
- Under the overall guidance of the National Project Director and the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator assumes responsibility for technical assistance, consultation, consensus building, public forums, workshops and lessons learned activities to focus on demonstration of disaster risk reduction programs that will result in actual mitigation of vulnerability in selection locations and sectors;
- To support the disaster risk reduction activities of GOI ministries, agencies and other key partners related to the demonstration of disaster risk reduction initiatives that make communities safer; and ensuring that partners engaged in the project are implementing activities as agreed;
- Promote the overall project strategy, objectives and activities to the stakeholders of SC-DRRD project, particularly for output 1 of the project;
- Support the strategic development of the project through identification of project opportunities and risks and contribute to the refinement and reformulation of planned project outputs and activities, where necessary;
- Prepare Terms of Reference (ToR), Letter of Agreements and other documents for required inputs (individual consultancy services, responsible parties, procurement of goods, organization of training, seminars, etc.), and providing expert technical support as required;
- Consolidate and synchronize proposals of project beneficiaries with project annual work plan and targets, providing advice on the appropriateness as well as timeliness of these proposals according to established targets and timeframes;
- Follow-up and ensure that required inputs are processed in a timely and transparent manner;
- Review project resource requirements and provide advice to the Project Manager on the need for budget adjustments and revision;
- Ensure that relevant project outputs, best practices and lessons learned are captured and disseminated, complying with the quality requirements of the implementing agency, UNDP and other donors; and
- Assist the Project Manager in organizing coordination meetings with project partners, donors, UNDP, etc. as required.
Minimum Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Science, Agricultural science, or any other related fields.
At least 7 (seven) years of relevant experience at the national and/or international levels in project development.
Proficient in English language, spoken and written is essential. Ability to write reports, make presentation, provide training etc. Knowledge in Bahasa is essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in development projects and project management.
- Familiarity with national planning system and public administration is preferable
- Familiarity of UN systems and/or the UNDP system, rules and procedures is not a requirement but will be an advantage.
- Experience in working with government agencies (central and local), civil society organizations and international organizations is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages and in handling of web-based management system.
- Good inter-personal and team building skills
ALL APPLICANT MUST COMPLETE P11 FORM AND SUBMIT AS PART OF THEIR APPLICATION
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements
Application Deadline: 22-Jun-09