The Operations Officer will report to the HD sector coordinator and Education Cluster Leader in Jakarta, and work closely with other members of the Education Team. Duties of the Operations Officer (OO) may include and are not limited to the following:
- The OOs will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the large multi-donor Basic Education Capacity Building Program/TF (BEC), leading the resolution of high-level, complex project implementation issues, advising senior Bank management and/or senior GOI officials on recommended actions.
- The OOs will be responsible for managing the relationship with the BEC team at the Ministry of Education, and for ensuring that close collaboration is fostered between all partners in MONE and other GOI agencies and consultants working on the program in the name of achieving program objectives.
- The OOs will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the Bank’s TF policies and will liaise with staff responsible for Trust Fund administration. (Ultimate management responsibility for the TF rests with the HD sector cOOsrdinator, who serves as TTL)
- The OOs will support the operation of the Thematic Education Dialogue (TED) Forum led by the Government and liaise with the relevant stakeholders of the TED.
- The OOs will liaise with other relevant programs in the fields of education and governance to ensure complementarity with BEC and other Bank programs.
- The OOs will supervise and mentor consultants and administrative support staff in the implementation of the BEC TF, and will review staff work plans, assisting the TTL in development of annual work programs and budgets
- The OOs will liaise with the Operations Support Unit (OSU) on program implementation issues, ensuring timely compliance with Bank administrative, operational and legal requirements, including regular and special reporting (i.e., ISRs, Aide Memoirs, indicator updates).
- The OOs will assist the HD Sector Coordinator with the preparation of the new multi-donor Sector Wide Approach in education (SISWA). This may include contributions to economic, sector, and institutional analyses.
- The OOs will work with other sectors, in particular PREM, to ensure complementarity between Education Program activities and other WB Country Program activities, including the Bank’s Public Expenditure Analysis work and its work on a Conditional Cash Transfer program.
- The OOs will assist the HD sector coordinator with other relevant tasks as requested.
- Masters degree in a relevant field such as Financial Management, Economics, Public Administration, Education or other;
- A minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience, including education sector experience and practical development cooperation experience in Indonesia;
- Proven organizational and program/project management skills;
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia;
- Prior experience from working with World Bank systems and Trust Funds, including knowledge of general Bank operations and procedures a plus.
Closing Date: 23-Jun-2009