Short Term Temporary – Program Assistant
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is the private sector arm of the World Bank Group. IFC promotes sustainable private sector investment in developing countries as a way to reduce poverty and improve people’s lives. IFC offers investment products and advisory services to private sector and government clients. IFC in Indonesia combines investment and advisory services to expand access to finance, improve access to infrastructure, strengthen commodity based value chains, and improve the business climate, while addressing climate change across all programs.
IFC Office in Jakarta now is seeking to recruit: Short Term Temporary – Program Assistant
for a contract period of 150 days per fiscal year
The Program Assistant will carry out the full range of office support work, including managing processes and monitoring schedules related to their team’s/unit’s products and tasks.
Program Assistant positions are held by experienced staff whose acquired knowledge and skills enable them to independently undertake diverse and complex work assignments (e.g. database management, actively engage in knowledge management, task management, major event/course planning, etc.). Work requires extensive coordination with other Units of IFC and frequent liaison with team members, regardless of location, and external counterparties.
- Providing primary assistance to the Team of Investment Officers in the implementation of the unit’s work program, including some specialized support in a specific area(s), e.g. travel, meeting arrangements, database management, editorial assistance, etc.
- Providing client related and business development support, including retrieving information from internal and external sources.
- Assisting in the identification and resolving of diverse issues/problems as they arise, which often require interpretation of existing operational procedures and processes, and independently determining the appropriate application.
- Attending meetings, draft minutes and ensure their timely clearance and distribution.
- Serving as a communication resource on status of investment projects, filing and drafting of standard project-related correspondence.
- Undertaking ad hoc inquiries in databases, retrieves, maintains and presents data.
- Initiating and assisting in preparation of presentation (strong PowerPoint skills).
- Undertaking ad-hoc assignments and provide investment related support as needed.
- Providing back-up support to other assistants.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills giving high level attention to detail and ability to prioritize and deliver in a timely manner. To cope well with at times elevated work load.
- Strong ability to adapt to changing business needs and priorities and to perform a full range of administrative and client related support services.
- Coordinate time schedules in consideration of given priorities, independently resolve potential conflicts of schedules, communicate results appropriately.
- Effectively address multiple tasks.
- Willingness to acquire quickly an excellent understanding and thorough knowledge of IFC’s operational and administrative policies, procedures and processes and apply these skills.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills in both oral & written English in order to deal tactfully and effectively with internal/external contacts at all levels.
- Results-oriented team player with a high degree of initiative, reliability and resourcefulness.
- Thorough knowledge and use of all relevant computer software, including advanced functions of IFC standard computer applications, e-mail usage, and internet research.
- Highly motivated, dedicated, reliable, and flexible, in order to achieve planned results.
- Ability to carry through initiatives independently.
- Willingness to take up additional ad-hoc responsibilities other than duties directly related to this position whenever needed.
As a representative of the World Bank Group, all professional activities are expected to be consistent with our Core Values: personal honesty, integrity, commitment, working together in teams – with openness and trust, empowering others and respecting differences, encouraging risk-taking and responsibility.
Please submit your application to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is July 19, 2009.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No telephone calls, faxes or letters will be accepted.