Project Assistant for Environmental Sciences Unit
TERMS OF REFERENCE
I. Under the authority of the Director of UNESCO Office Jakarta and the Programme Specialist for Environmental Sciences, and the direct supervision of the Technical Adviser for Environmental Sciences, the incumbent shall provide technical assistance to the Technical Adviser for Environmental Sciences in the implementation and coordination of the extra-budgetary environmental projects, funded by the Spanish Government.
The incumbent shall:
- Provide support to the day-to-day coordination of the project extra-budgetary activities, i.e. assist in planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting;
- Provide technical and logistic assistance in the management and implementation of the extra-budgetary projects, including undertaking assessments and field missions, assisting in the organization of project activities such as technical meetings, workshops and training;
- Assist in the compilation and analysis of field data, information and studies regarding environmental and socio-economic topics related to the extra-budgetary projects;
- Provide administrative assistance and advice, including assistance in the provision of oversight of all administrative matters related to the implementation of the extra-budgetary projects, and ensure that all operations under the projects such as contracts, reporting and financial disbursements are in line with UNESCO’s administrative rules and regulations.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of positive working relationships with UNESCO’s partners and relevant stakeholders, including but not limited to government agencies, donors, non-governmental organization, private sectors, and local communities;
- Prepare short reports, summaries, aides-memoires, minutes of meetings, media releases, updates for website regarding the extra-budgetary projects;
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director and the Technical Adviser for Environmental Sciences in Jakarta;
II. The working hours and work schedule as follows:
37.5 hours per week
Educations and Training Background:
A Bachelor Degree preferably in environmental or social sciences, with knowledge on issues related to environment, conservation, climate change and sustainable development.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in development issues with local and/or international organizations;
- Having strong computer skills;
- Having experience in working with governmental and non-governmental agencies;
- Having strong analytical and negotiation skills;
- Able to work with minimal supervision, conduct frequent travel;
- Able to working in team.
Languages: Fluency in spoken and written in English and Bahasa Indonesia as well as possess the ability to draft documents and express views in a clear and concise manner.
Send the application by email and most recent Curriculum Vitae, quoting “Project Assistant for Environmental Sciences Unit” as subject, by 5 August 2009 to:
UNESCO Office, Jakarta
or by fax to (021) 72796489
UNESCO will not respond to inquiries about application status and will only contact candidates under serious consideration.
Closing Date of Application: 5 August 2009