The ASEAN Secretariat invites Indonesian citizens and ASEAN nationals with permanent resident status in Indonesia. To apply for the following position at the ASEAN secretariat in Jakarta
The ASEAN Secretariat (ASEC) is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the post of Secretary. Secretary is responsible for coordinating and managing administrative support, general correspondence, event coordination, and other secretarial and administrative tasks to support the Directorate/Division’s functions.
The Secretary’s duties will cover, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintaining record of document flow.
- Arranging Supervisor’s schedules and activities for appointments, meetings, and other events.
- Providing administrative support for other staff who are going for missions (arranging itinerary, hotel reservation, and document preparation).
- Coordinating with other staff concerned for filling system.
- Checking necessary follow up actions in relation to the agenda of the Directorate/Division/Supervisor.
- Acting as supporting staff in servicing meetings organised by the ASEAN Secretariat.
- Consolidating papers from other Directorates/Divisions when necessary.
- The Secretary shall also be required to perform other duties as assigned by higher authorities.
We are seeking qualified candidates with the following qualifications:
- Secretarial Diploma (D-III) from reputable Secretarial Academy.
- Minimum one year of experience in secretarial, clerical, and administrative support services.
- Ability to organise data and routine correspondence is required.
- Good English language skills (written and oral).
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office tools.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team in a multicultural environment.
- Able to multi-task and willing to work irregular and long hours.
- Knowledge on ISO 9001 : 2000 is an advantage.
Remuneration and Benefits:
Upon the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period, the successful candidate will be confirmed for an initial 3-year contract, renewable upon satisfactory performance. Selected candidate will receive an attractive package consisting of basic monthly salary (starting from Rp. 2,000,000.00, depending on qualification and experience), monthly transportation allowance, outpatient medical reimbursement, hospitalization insurance, and an annual bonus of a month’s basic salary.
How to apply:
Send your application, detailed CV, a recent passport-sized photograph and certified true copies of educational certificates and other supporting documents to:
HRD, Admin, Protocol & Conference Services Division, ASEAN Secretariat,
70A Jalan Sisingamangaraja, Jakarta 12110. You may also email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for SECRETARY.
Application papers should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 4 August 2009.
The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only short-listed candidates will be notified. Those not contacted should consider that their application has not been favorably considered.