PT Petrosea Tbk has been designing, building and mining in all corners of Indonesia since 1972 and today is recognized as one of Indonesia’s leading engineering, construction and mining contractors. Thanks to the imagination and commitment of more than 3000 staff, Petrosea has secured a growing portfolio of projects throughout Indonesia and the region.
Petrosea has access and support to world class management and project delivery systems which allows Petrosea to deliver international excellence to the Indonesian market.
We are currently taking applicants for the following position:
DEPUTY PROJECT MANAGER
(Placement: Kalimantan Selatan)
- Possess the potential to develop into a PTP Mine Project Manager
- Minimum Bachelor degree in mining or sufficient experience to provide the necessary expertise
- Holder of POM (minimum) / POU (preferred)
- Minimum ten years previous experience in supervising mining operations (production) and a demonstrable understanding of sound mining practices and mining equipment.
- Minimum five years in managerial position on a mining project
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English, written and verbal
- Good computer skills, familiar with mining and mine planning software
- Good communication and strong leadership skills
- Ability to work in a Team environment under pressure
- Willing to be placed in any company location. Able to work in a remote location on Roster arrangements
- Ability to understand and protect PTP’s commercial interests
- Good understanding of Mine infrastructure requirements
- Willing to be placed in any Company location and to work flexible hours to meet Project requirement.
- Direct responsibility for Engineering and Production operations on the Project. DPM shall direct and control all Engineering and Production functions on Site to optimise production, utilisation and cost for all mining operations on Site, without sacrificing safety or standards of work.
- Review and coordinate all mine planning activities with Client personnel
- Foster a culture of Zero Incidents and Continuous Improvements. DPM is responsible for safety within the mining areas of the Project.
- Assume responsibilities and authorities of the PM during PM absence.
- Proactively support the Project Manager in maintaining and implementing HSE programs including Environmental Management System to ensure the effectiveness of the programs and conformance to official standards and requirements.
- In coordination with the PM, allocate, manage and optimise resources (including personnel) to maximise returns and ensure continuity of operations.
- Plan and control water management activities to ensure minimal interruptions to mining.
- Support PM with the mobilisation and establishment of the Project, including any fleet and infrastructure expansion that may be required during the Project (including the build-up of personnel in accordance with approved organisation charts).
- Actively support the PM in the control and management of the Workforce, including training and maximisation of local employment.
- The DPM should assist in the preparation and review of Inductions, Training material, Standard Operating Procedures and similar material to maximise the effectiveness of the Workforce.
- The DPM should also participate in the presentation of materials and the assessment of employees.
- Preparation and implementation of Project Budgets and Forecasts in conjunction with the PM.
- Coordinate subcontract activities to ensure that they will support the achievement of Project aims and the support of Project objectives.
- Manage the preparation of Claims, Variations, Monthly Reports and documentation related to disputes with Client / Suppliers. Support PM as required in any negotiations with Client / Suppliers.
- Manage all statutory permits and approvals as required to proceed with the Project and ensure all permits and formalities are complete and valid.
- Support the PM in the implementation and recording of Strategic Initiatives
- Assist PM to establish, maintain and manage all stake-holders interests to ensure harmonious and cooperative relationships in industrial relations and community relations in all aspects of the project.
- Support the PM in any other way deemed beneficial to the Project or the ongoing success of PTP. The PM may assign additional responsibilities within the limits of Company Policy.
- Maintaining and implementing HSE programs including Environmental Management System to ensure the effectiveness of the programs conform to official standard and requirements.
To apply for this position, please send your application together with a detailed resume including recent color photograph, and quoting in email subject: DEPUTY PROJECT MANAGER to firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word or PDF format with a file size not more than 350kb, not later than 27 January 2014.