An International Organization has a vacancy for a Regional English Language Office (RELO) Assistant. The incumbent provides administrative support for the RELO such as, but not limited to, assisting and organizing key contact and other educator outreach for the RELO Resource Center, general communications including email, data collection, record keeping and the RELO web site. The incumbent monitors, reviews, and reports and takes action on current RELO projects designed to support Public Affairs and Post’s Mission Performance Plan goals and initiatives; current primary projects are the ELF-English Language Fellows Program and the EAMP-English Access Micro scholarship Program. Supervises and coordinates the daily activities of and reporting from the RELO Admin Assistant at the RELO Resource Center. Designs, implements and reports on new RELO initiatives, with RELO review and concurrence. Monitors and reports on all RELO programs to officer as requested. Qualification required:
- Bachelor degree (S1) in English language or related fields is required.
- At least 3 years in teaching and/or teacher experience at the secondary or university level, including organizing and presenting workshops is required. The incumbent must have proven experience in organizing professional teaching development programs at local, regional or national levels. Additional one year of office administrative experience is required.
- Level IV (fluent) speaking/reading/writing in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required.
- Must be familiar in office abbreviations and English teaching acronyms and concepts, including a general knowledge and methodology of the field of teaching English as a Foreign Language. Must have a broad knowledge of education in Indonesia at all levels and a strong knowledge of U.S society, culture and the U.S. education system.
- Must be able to develop and manage a project budget using full Excel functions. Must be able to type in English and Indonesian (30 words per minute). Must be willing to travel. Must be able to organize and implement professional development programs such as workshops, seminars, digital —video conference, panel discussion and lectures.
- Must be proficient in computer applications, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and internet.
Should this position interest you, kindly send your application & complete CV along with education certificate, and quote the position on the email subject within 28 February 2009 to: JKTrecruitmetit@state.gov